On Tuesday, April 19, the Wesleyan women’s lacrosse team followed a tough three game NESCAC road trip by welcoming Mount Holyoke to Middletown. After Wes jumped out to a 3-1 lead, Mount Holyoke responded by scoring three straight, taking a 4-3 advantage.  This margin marked the only lead of the game for the Lyons, as the Cardinals dominated from that point forward, going on a 10-0 run until one minute left in the first half, going into halftime up 13-5. The 10-0 run was ignited by Lydia Kring ’13, who notched a hat trick in just over a six-minute span to put the Cardinals up 6-4. Kring, who opened the game’s scoring, added another later in the first half to give her five goals in the frame. Kaylin Berger ’13 also was a huge asset in the ten unanswered goals, netting three for a hat trick of her own. Kayla Ellman ’13 scored a pair of early goals to give her 26 on the season, a figure that matches her for the team high with Berger. Hillary Cook ’14 put home two goals in the stretch, as well.

Another Cardinal highlighted the second half action with a string of three straight goals, matching Kring’s first half feat. Catherine Taibi ’13 scored her trio in a 10 minute span, giving the Cardinals five players with multi-goal games. Tri-captain Allie Lynch ’11 added a goal and an assist in the second half, and finished the game with two of each, giving her four points on the day and contributing to her team high 37 points on the season. In another strong performance, goalkeeper Maggie Drowica ’12 had seven saves.

The win brought the Cardinals record to 6-7, with a 6-0 mark in non-conference play.

Wesleyan concludes its regular-season home slate Saturday, April 23, with a NESCAC and Little Three matchup against rival Amherst College.