The Wesleyan women’s lacrosse team arrived at Williams to face its Little Three rival, looking to nab its first NESCAC victory of the season and its first victory at Williams in its last sixteen tries. In a game that featured 35 goals between the two teams, the most of any game this season, the first half was back and forth, with Williams taking a 9-8 lead into halftime. Six Cardinals tallied goals in the first half, including two apiece from Kayla Ellman ’13 and Liz Chabot ’12.

Lydia Kring ’13 opened the second-half scoring, knotting the contest at 9-9. Hillary Cook ’14 scored her second of three goals on the day, on a free-position shot with 21:03 remaining, again evening the score at 11-11. The back and forth scoring was put to an end shortly after, as Williams went on a decisive six-goal run that put the game out of reach. Wesleyan scored five of the game’s final seven goals, but it was not enough, as the Cardinals found themselves on the wrong end of the final 19-16 score.

While the loss dropped the Cardinals’ record in NESCAC play to 0-7, 5-7 overall, the Wesleyan 16-goal outburst resulted in prolific games for several players. Tri-captain Allie Lynch ’11 had four points on the day, thanks to a goal and three assists. The three assists bring her season total to 26 (out of 44 team assists), and give her 93 for her outstanding career. She is the Wesleyan all-time leader in assists by a wide margin; the second place distributor has just 58 career assists. Ellman tied her career high with four goals, giving her a team-high 24 on the season. Her two assists gave her six points, which stands alone as a career-best. Cook recorded her first-career hat trick, and Kring, Chabot, and tri-captain Jess Chukwu ’11 all added two goals. Chukwu’s tallies give her 97 career goals, as she continues charging towards the 100-goal plateau, one that has only been reached by five previous Cardinals.

Wes will play its final two home contests this coming week.  They are slated to face Mount Holyoke on Tuesday, April 19 in a final non-conference match before Senior Day on Saturday, April 23, when the Cardinals will take on Little Three foe Amherst.