In honor of one of the most beloved holidays, which Ellie and I look forward to all year round, we present to you a recipe for traditional apple pie, stoner-style: twice baked apple pie.

This newfound recipe is both eco-friendly and 100 percent guaranteed to satisfy the most ravenous munchies brought on by 4/20 festivities. The ingredients and process are simple; however, the results are about as close as you can get to pure, earthy ecstasy.

Ingredients:

7-10 medium to large apples.

Sugar

Cinnamon

Lemon Juice

Cream

Two Pie Crusts

Thyme

Instructions:

The first step in preparation of this delectable dessert is acquiring the primary ingredients: apples. Lucky for all of you hungry hippies, apples are in abundance here at Wes and are easily located in the fridges at Usdan. Once you acquire them, begin the process of making apple bowls. Although each bowl may turn out slightly different, fear not my young baking enthusiast, for they will taste just fine by the end of this process.

For those of you unfamiliar with this crafty piece, we guarantee that you will find it very easy to make. Take a pen, or similarly shaped object, and poke three good-sized holes in the apple. The first one should be at the top (near the stem) and extend all the way into the middle. The second should be placed off at an angle to one side of the apple and extend to the middle in order to connect with the first puncture. The last hole should be made on the side of the apple so as to form an L-shaped tube with the puncture inflicted by the first. In order to rid your baking goods of any unwanted seeds, blow hard through top and side holes and gently shake your apples.

Next comes your opportunity for creativity—carefully pack each apple bowl with your desired amount of thyme. A crème brulee torch can then be used to put a nice glaze on the pre-baked apples. Be sure to lean in closely and take a nice whiff as you do this in order to obtain the full experience of the twice-baked apple pie.

Next, set the apples aside in order to prepare the rest of your dish. Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Next, slice the apples into quarter-inch slices and place in a bowl. Add lots of sugar (in this case there truly is no such thing as too much), several teaspoons of cinnamon, juice from one lemon, and a few dashes of heavy cream. Mix all of these ingredients together. Proceed to place the first piecrust in the pie dish, pushing it down with your fingers to ensure that it sticks. Place the apple mixture into the shell and then cover it with the second crust. Slice four openings at the top and place it in the oven for about 40 minutes.

Although the waiting period may seem torturous for any hungry muncher, Ellie and I urge you to sit back and bask in the sweet-smelling ambiance of your post-twice baked-apple-pie-kitchen. From experience, we can heartily say that music and good conversation are the best ways to make the oven timer sound. As such, we recommend Portishead and perhaps a friendly debate on any work by Foucault.

Peace and Love,

The Freshmen Foodies

thanks for picking a passover appropriate recipe…