Last Friday, the U.S. House of Representatives voted to bar federal funding from supporting care through Planned Parenthood’s more than 800 health centers across the country, which provide lifesaving preventive care every day of the week.  Simply put, their legislative attack will cut off health care access to millions of women who need it the most. This would mean no funding to Planned Parenthood health centers for birth control, lifesaving cancer screenings, HIV testing, and other essential care. We are fighting back this week when our legislators return to their home districts, and when the vote heads to the U.S. Senate next week.

By far, this is the most dangerous legislative assault on women’s health in our history, and it cannot go unanswered. We need you to stand united with us now. We need you to stand with Planned Parenthood and with the three million women, men, and teens we serve, who are now at risk of losing access to basic care.

United States Senator Richard Blumenthal has been a vehement supporter of Planned Parenthood and is an important ally in Congress. He will be standing with us on Saturday. Will You Stand With Planned Parenthood?

Join us on Saturday at 4pm to show your support for Planned Parenthood and Women’s Health during this critical time! We must come together with our voices, our strength and our steadfast support for Planned Parenthood and show our legislators how important Planned Parenthood is to our lives and to the Reproductive Justice Movement!

Speakers will include Senator Richard Blumenthal and Judy Tabar, President & CEO of Planned Parenthood of Southern New England.

Banks is a member of the class of 2013 and Kirwood is a member of the class of 2012. They are both  Planned Parenthood Campus Action Interns.

• mike

I prefer to stand on the side of the dead babies that planned parenthood kills with abortions.

• Lanna

I’m with you, Mike, I will support some of the good work that Planned Parenthood does, but I don’t want to fund an organization that kills unborn babies.

• David Lott

Lanna, you are either in or you are out in something like this. You can’t have it both ways, morally. Planned Parenthood is the strongest single force generating abortions in the country. This is one of their central missions.

• Kim

You people are CRAZY: Planned Parenthood helps people use contraception so that they don’t need abortion services, it helps them not contract or spread diseases and helps prevent cancer and loads of other great things. Not one taxpayer dime goes to pay for abortions. YOU need to be in or out: you love and care for humanity and want us all to be as healthy as possible, or you’re evil and you hope those you feel are morally beneath you die of some preventable disease.

• Sarah

Thanks Kim i was about to lose it. If you do your research before you make accusations you would know that its in the name PLANNED parenthood, they try to stop the effect of the need of abortion and respect the fact that it is the person in that situations place to make the decision. I hope one of you experiences or knows or meets someone who has been sexually harrassed, then tell them that you expect them to raise that child. or talk to a young child who has been molested by their father and tell that young girl that its her fault and she has not only been violated in every way but there are also the problem that she must sacrafice the rest of her life for that unwanted child, then when the unwanted child grows up and is miserable and mother becomes and alcoholic from depression of having to deal with what she did then tell that kid the same shit because you decided that your thoughts were more important than their lives. or tell the mother that has a complicated pregnancy and could die if she gives birth that she has to risk her life because YOU decided. Im sorry but until people experience a situation that calls for the need of an abortion i dont think anyone should open their mouth on their ideas. and plus PLANNED parenthood makes the people pay for an abortion still AND PLANNED parenthood tries to prevent this in every case PLUS most PLANNED parenthood sites dont perform abortions, theres less than 4 sites in all of Michigan, the rest provide PLANNED options to avoid those problems.

• Jessie

I agree with Kim. You people are crazy. If you want to cut down on the amount of abortions, then you need to up the planning and contraceptives. How about babies born with complications, or sexually transmitted diseases, hmm…maybe low cost testing centers would help that. Wait, we have those, it is called, planned parenthood. If you don’t like them, don’t use them. Good for you, you stuck to your moral high ground. That has nothing to do with anybody else.

• Tyler Rizzo

I’m with Sarah and Kim. Regardless of what you believe, you cannot take away a woman’s right to choose what is best for her as a person and potential mother. Planned Parenthood doesn’t kill babies–they give out contraceptives and condoms to help keep women from getting pregnant, and helps those who are pregnant choose what option is right for them. If they choose to keep their baby, they help out by giving prenatal vitamins and doing prenatal checkups for those who cannot afford to visit an OB/GYN and pay for those things. You can’t argue with an organization that helps women do what is best for them and their babies.

• Sue

Look up “Maafa 21” on Youtube. Watch the entire film. Planned Parenthood has you all fooled. This is genocide, and we are willing killing our own babies!! Don’t post until you’ve seen the film. “Maafa 21” – don’t forget!

• Student

Oh my god you “pro-life” posters better get a grip. The ONLY reason that we have such high rates of teenage pregnancy and abortion is BECAUSE there is a shortage of access to sexual education and birth control options. This is EXACTLY what Planned Parenthood is here to do– support women and families in making safe, pre-meditated, legal choices for their bodies and families.

You self-righteous evildooers who pretend to be anti-abortion for the sake of the “unborn” don’t care at ALL about these children once they are born. You are more than happy to turn a blind eye to the profound disparities in this nation that leave these children and young mothers completely vulnerable… horrible schools, weak welfare, lack of job training, and awful access to health care. You care about the dignity of life? Go into an inner city and roll up your sleeves. My god. You are the awful and ignorant people ignoring the “genocide” of hunger, drugs, and gang warfare that is happening to living and breathing children in this nation every single day because of a lack of resources and opportunities. I am shocked and disheartened that you are affiliated with a university at all. You sound like you’ve never received an education.

• Adam

I am completely in favor of abortions being legal in the US and elsewhere, but being anti-abortion doesn’t make you a “self-righteous evildooer.” To claim that it does makes you sound like a total reactionary.

• Student

If “reactionary” means that I am reacting to the misguided and hypocritical pro-lifers around me, then I will accept that; I think that most, however, would call me “progressive.”

I have tolerance for other views when they are well informed, articulate, and acknowledge the profound complexity of situations. None of these posters have done so yet.

• Vass student