After three dry weeks for student-theater on campus, Second Stage is coming back strong in November with a show every weekend this month! (All right, except for Thanksgiving break). Meetings, reunions, and confrontations will be taking place in the Patricelli ’92 Theater, with two plays, one musical—and as an added bonus—several outreach events happening this weekend.

Blackbird

By David Harrower

Directed by Evan DelGaudio

Thursday, Nov. 4 through Saturday, Nov. 6 at 8 p.m.

Fifteen years ago Una and Ray had a relationship. They haven’t set eyes on each other since. Now she’s found him again.

Second Stage Outreach

Nov. 4-6

Second Stage connects to the community! There will be performances by other performing groups Thursday and Friday night at 10 p.m. in the ’92 Theater (Desperate Measures on Thursday and Vocal Debauchery with New Teen Force on Friday). On Saturday, the ’92 Theater will be open from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. with hourly tours of the space and a variety of workshops on everything from how to hang a light to the difference between producing a dramatic play and a musical—4 to 6 p.m. will be dedicated to a meet-and-greet for those interested in participating in Second Stage productions.

Machinal

By Sophie Treadwell

Directed by Lila Becker

Thursday, Nov. 11 through Saturday, Nov. 13 at 8 p.m.

Machinal is an expressionist drama about the mechanized world of the 1920s. Inspired by the story of convicted murderess Ruth Snyder, it’s a sharp, scathing look at the struggle for human connection in a dehumanizing world. This production is also the recipient of the J. P. Adler Memorial grant, which is given to a first-time director who is not a Theater major.

Charlie Greengould Meets Himself

Written and Directed by Nat Leich and Max Nussenbaum

Thursday, Nov. 18 through Saturday, Nov. 20 at 8 p.m.

An insecure college freshman.His malevolent doppelganger.A mysterious portal into a parallel universe. It all comes together in Charlie Greengould Meets Himself, a full-length original musical about a boy who meets his double and is plunged into a solipsistic, multiverse-spanning quest of adventure, romance, and self-discovery. An original musical by two of the class of 2012!