We’ve all been there. Well most of us have. You swipe your card, gauge the queue, grab a plate and bide your time. Patiently waiting amidst the mass of your hungry, scrambling peers bearing colorful salads and the prized stir-fry or vanilla soft serve. You watch them pass you, to and fro, all the while you hold your plate (not tray) in your hands and wait for that precious, consistent, delicious object of your desire: grilled cheese. As the line inches up you get closer and closer to that silver platter. In front of you people take plates of fries, a carefully made hamburger, the odd veggie burger, and the tray of grilled cheese slowly dwindles as eager people grope for the tongs and receive their long awaited and short lived trophy upon their plate.

Oh no! The guy in right in front is ten times bigger than you are! There are only two left! He reaches over, grabs the tongs … and takes a solitary grilled cheese. Phew! You collect your plate which was resting on the ledge and begin to move forward when-out of nowhere-a sweeping body swoops in grabs the tongs and the with it the last grilled cheese!!!! No line, no waiting, and no courtesy. They clutch their plate and bow their head to avoid the fearsome glares of the umpteen other people waiting in line and disappear from sight.

This is an event often occurring during Usdan lunch.  Imagine twas you who waited throughout your 9am class, your 11:20 class, or just waited since last night for this Usdan specialty only to have your desires frustrated by an inconsiderate person. There is a line, you know there is, common courtesy shouldn’t be forgone merely because of expediency, or else Usdan will become more of a madhouse than it already is, and grilled cheese will lose it sacrosanctity as the lines are dismantled and grilled cheeses are fought over right in the Usdan market place. Such an ominous future makes our message clear: Don’t be a douche, wait in line for grilled cheese.

Wonderful! I love this and you oh so much.