On May 30th, the biggest music festival to hit this state in years kicks off in Durham, Connecticut. The acronym B.O.M.B. stands for Bring Our Music Back. The festival was the brainchild of Frank Bombaci, Jr., a Connecticut resident who drew up the plans for the music festival for a senior class project at Lyme/Old Lyme High School. B.O.M.B. Fest aims to foster a grassroots music movement by uniting local talent with some of the biggest names in the industry.

This year’s lineup features: Lupe Fiasco, 30 Seconds to Mars, Of Montreal, Girl Talk, Mute Math, Ra Ra Riot, Jay Electronica, Cool Kids, Christine Ohlman & Rebel Montez, Roots of Creation, 40 oz to Freedom, Quintron and Miss Pussycat, MyNameIsJohnMichael, and a horde of Connecticut’s best local bands and talent.

B.O.M.B. Fest’s purpose is twofold. According to Frank Bombaci, Sr.:

“First we try to give local artists a voice and an opportunity to perform in a professionally produced show united with amazing non-commercialized national talent. Secondly, we are a non profit organization so all our net proceeds are given back to some incredible charities. We call it music with a purpose. These organizations promote healing and life through music and organizations who are dedicated to youth music and art development programs.

“This year, beneficiaries are: The Hole in the wall gang camps, The Connecticut Children’s Hospital, YPI Camps (music and arts development camp).

“People can come out and hear incredible live music and give back at the same time! This is one of the best one-day lineups to come to Connecticut in a long time!”

Tickets are still available for Sunday’s musical extravaganza, $50 for general admission and $125 for the VIP treatment. Music begins at noon and lasts until 10 p.m, gates open at 10:30. In addition to live music, there will be a few carnival rides, art vendors, and crafters. If you’re a student still in the state for the summer, consider lending your presence to this exciting and charitable event! For more information click here.