The new season of “True Blood” doesn’t start again until June 13, but on Monday and Tuesday 164 students, faculty, staff, and community members lined up at Beckham Hall to let the blood flow for the American Red Cross Blood Drive—127 pints in total.

“For every pint of blood we saved three lives,” said Executive Director of the Center for Community Partnerships Frank Kuan. “Overall, with this drive alone, that’s 381 lives saved.”

The blood drive, which is facilitated by the American Red Cross each semester, drew a far greater number of donors this week than in past drives, according to Kuan.

“The spring drive is by far more successful,” he said. “In the fall, we only collected 82 pints of blood.”

On the first day, a total of 83 donors scheduled appointments and 59 pints were collected, and on Tuesday, 81 donors were scheduled and 68 pints of blood were collected. According to Kuan, not everyone who schedules an appointment is able to give blood due to iron deficiencies, travel history, and a minimum weight requirement. For those who gave blood, there were no major incidents.

“The drive for the most part didn’t have anyone with adverse reactions, maybe one each day,” Kuan said.

Baomie Fang ’11 and Jennifer Paykin ’12 coordinated the event.

• long island wedding photographer

The blood drive, which is facilitated by the American Red Cross each semester, drew a far greater number of donors this week than in past drives, according to reports and the post.