The Spring Fling lineup has been officially announced: Big Boi will be headlining on May 6, with the Black Lips and Dirty Projectors supporting.

This year’s lineup has something for everyone. Big Boi will be familiar to even the most casual rap fan, as one half of the 90s supergroup OutKast. “Shine Blockas” is Big Boi’s newest feel good hit, where he raps about not letting the haters get you down over a 70s soul “I Miss You,” by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes. Big Boi has legitimate rap skills to please the rap purists, and mainstream hits ev¬eryone can dance to.

I don’t know much about The Black Lips, but they play simple scuzzy garage-rock songs and are known for a raucous live show. It sounds like they should inject some punk energy to the show if you’re feeling woozy from the sun (and any other substances).

The Dirty Projectors opening is a pretty inspired choice. I saw them live last summer in a Brooklyn wa¬terfront park, a venue not too differ¬ent from Spring Fling – in fact, I saw around 25 Wesleyan students—and The Dirty Projectors were fantastic. The Dirty Projectors’ have a sound that is unique, interesting, and actu¬ally danceable. Angel Deradoorian, Amber Coffman, and Haley Dekles’ otherworldly harmonies and Dave Longstreth’s hypnotizing and intri¬cate compositions are the perfectly joyful, exuberant sound to what should be a great way to end the year.

The only way Spring Fling could be improved? FREE GUCCI MANE so he can duet with Big Boi on “Shine Blockas.”

• Mr. X

Andrew WK and GZA have been the tops acts within the past few years in my eyes..next year get the whole Wu-Tang cew and we can rage – HARD!