Duchampion is a Wesleyan band made up of Ben Seretan ’10, Asa Horvitz ’10, Will Brant ’10, and Jake Nussbaum ’10. Catch them tonight at Psi U for a Haiti benefit concert, the proceeds of which will go to Partners in Health. They have at least two (maybe four) new songs for the show, so don’t miss it!

Argus: If your band had a mascot, what would it be?
Duchampion: Talking urinal.

A: Worst song of 2009?
D: “My Girls” by Animal Collective.

A: Which other Wes band would you like to fight and would you win?
D: Metacomet. And yes, we would win. They have beards and wizardry power and charisma points, but we outnumber them.

A: Little known fact about Duchampion?
D: There’s an odd number of nipples in the band and Jake is John Lennon’s love child.

A: Pet peeves?
D: None as a band, except when Will sleeps through band practice or shows. He also can’t deviate from recipes when he cooks.

A: Most random musical influence?
D: Doobie Brothers, disco, Fugazi, Replacements, Arthur Russell, Wilco, U2, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and Robert Ashley.
A: Outer space or underwater?
D: Both at the same time. The earth is the shore of the cosmic ocean.

A: Mullets or fros?
D: Mullets. Ben has had both a mullet and a fro before.

A: Instrument you wish you had in the band?
D: Organ. Tubular bells. A horn section. Sampler. David Bowie.

A: Super Bowl predictions?
D: No, because we’re going to watch the Puppy Bowl instead, which is what they play during the Super Bowl on Animal Planet.

A: If you could only listen to one album or song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Ben: “Looking for the perfect beat” by Afrika Bambaataa.
Jake: I’ve been listening to “Empire State of Mind” for the last two months and its been a good few months, so I’ll just keep listening to that.
Will: “Egbomyasi” by Can.
Asa: “Daydream Nation” by Sonic Youth

A: Tell us your opinion on Top 40 Music?
D: It’s a sensitive subject, which is why there’s an odd number of nipples in the band. It’s great if you love shit sandwiches, and I happen to love shit sandwiches. Beyonce had one of the greatest music videos in the last 10 years with “Single Ladies.” Also people don’t give Lady Gaga enough credit, but we do.