Dan Bloom ’10, Wrestling

, by ,

Bloom was one of two Wesleyan wrestlers to advance to the NCAA Championships last season, along with Greg Hurd ’10. Bloom defeated defending New England Wrestling Association (NEWA) 125-pound champion Ethan Cohen of Williams in the NEWA Championships, 3-0, his second win over Cohen in three meetings last season. At the NCAAs, Bloom went 1-2, with both of his losses coming to All-Americans, to finish the year with a 34-6 record. He was also named a National Wrestling Coaches Association (NWCA) Scholar All-American, one of four Wesleyan wrestlers to receive the honor.

Bloom went 12-2 in dual matches in 2008-09, with one of his losses coming against Cohen and the other a 6-5 loss against M.I.T. He also held a 16-1 record in tournament action, including a 4-0 performance in the season-opening Roger Williams Invitational and a 5-0 mark in the Doug Parker Invitational at Springfield College the following week. Eight of Bloom’s wins last season were pins, including two each in the Roger Williams and R.I.T. Invitationals. He also won all four of his matches during the NEWA Duals at Roger Williams, including three pins, to help lead the Cardinals to victories over Trinity, Bridgewater State College, and the University of Southern Maine.

Bloom holds a 76-26 career record during his three years in Middletown, including a 26-11 mark in 2006-07. He begins his quest to repeat as New England champion and add to his impressive legacy this Saturday, as the team travels to Bristol, R.I. for the Roger Williams Invitational.

• anonymous

i want dan bloom’s babies

• anonymous

GO DANNNN I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUU