The men’s cross country team is frequently spotted around campus, running in packs and training for the rapidly approaching season. One member stands out, co-captain Justin Spring ’10 from Phillipston, Mass. After a strong showing in the spring during the outdoor track season, Spring is prepared for his final cross country season. He achieved personal records in both the 1500-meter and 800-meter events, with times of 4:02 and 1:56, respectively. Last fall, he helped the Cardinals take first at the Wesleyan Invitational, placing eighth out of 103 runners in the 8k. He bested his time of 27:33 by more than a minute in the New England Open, finishing in 26:31, 127th out of 316 entrants. Finally, in the New England Division III Championship in mid-November, Spring remained consistent, running a time of 27:50.5 and placing 71st out of 331. At the end of the season, Spring received NESCAC All-Academic honors for having achieved both a varsity letter and a cumulative GPA of at least 3.35. With Spring in the lead, Wesleyan is looking to get the best of rivals Amherst and Williams, each of whom have given the Cards much grief in past years. The first meet of the fall is the Alumni Meet tomorrow.