1. Plaxico Burress was suspended for the remainder of the season. New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress was placed on the reserve non-football injury list Tuesday, effectively ending his 2008 campaign. Burress was brought in on criminal weapons possession charges when he accidently shot himself in the leg at a New York nightclub last week. While Burress’ off field troubles continue, the Giants will try to continue their domination tour of the NFL when they travel to Philadelphia this weekend. In related news, fantasy football players should pick up Dominick Hixon in their leagues..

2. Notre Dame retained Charlie Weiss as their Head Coach. The University of Notre Dame will keep Charlie Weiss as their football coach for 2009, ending speculation of his departure. Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick announced the decision in a statement Wednesday after meeting with Weiss for over two hours in San Jose. This is a good move for the program, as Weiss continues to bring in plenty of talent on the recruiting end. The depth will begin to pay off, and Notre Dame will be back soon enough. Yes, I am brainwashed.

3. Tommy Tuberville resigned as the Head Coach at Auburn. In a surprising move, Auburn head man Tommy Tuberville resigned Wednesday after 10 years. While his defenses were always impressive, his teams have struggled of late. It’s tough to win in the SEC when you don’t score. It’s also tough to win in the SEC in general. Discuss.

4. Sean Avery was suspended by the NHL. Dallas Stars winger and NHL pest Sean Avery was suspended indefinitely Wednesday after he made off color remarks about how NHL players seem to date his “sloppy seconds.” Current Flames Center Dion Phaneuf is currently dating his former girlfriend, actress Elisha Cuthbert, and Jarret Stoll of the LA Kings is currently dating former fling and model Rachel Hunter. Avery, long known for being a “pest” in the league, may have gone too far this time, as his antics seem to be wearing everyone thin. Needless to say, he is on thin ice at the moment.

5. Barry Melrose was rehired by ESPN. Barry Melrose, who worked as ESPN’s NHL analyst for 15 years, was rehired by the network Thursday. Melrose was hired as the head coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning at the beginning of this year, and unfairly fired just 15 games into the season. We’re happy to have him back, as he is one of the more entertaining TV personalities out there. Plus he has a mullet.

6. The Boston Celtics are quietly 18-2. While ESPN will continue to speculate about Lebron James possibly coming to the Knicks in 2010 for the next 2 years, on the court the defending champion Boston Celtics have won 10 in a row to stretch their record to 18-2. Nobody has been talking about them, possibly because it’s a forgone conclusion that they will win every night. They are for real.

7. The NFL suspended six players for using a banned substance. The NFL announced this week that it was suspending six player—he New Orleans Saints Deuce McAllister, Charles Grant, and Will Smith, Minnesota Vikings Kevin and Pat Williams, and Houston Texans long snapper Bryan Pittma—or unknowingly violating the league’s steroid policy. The decision is controversial because all were not taking performance enhancers, but a diuretic which is sometimes used as a masking agent for steroids. A crushing blow for the Vikings especially, as they are the only team in the playoff race and they stand to lose two of their best players on defense. The Williams Wall is appealing the case and currently has a judge issuing an injunction on their behalf. Vike Me!

8. Oklahoma jumped Texas in the BCS Standings. Further proving that the BCS is ridiculous, Oklahoma jumped Texas in the BCS Standings on the heels of crushing both Texas Tech and Oklahoma State in consecutive weeks. Texas and Oklahoma both have identical records of 11-1. The one loss for Oklahoma? Texas! Yet somehow they were able to jump Texas into the Big 12 Title Game and get on the inside track to a National Championship. Please, please, please add a plus one format. Leave everything the way it is, and add another game to the end of the BCS. It will eliminate all the talk, and give us an uncontested National Champion. Until then, we should leave the C out of BCS.

9. Michelle Wie is in contention for her tour card. While Michelle Wie has been playing in both LPGA and even PGA events, she has been doing so without a tour card. She is currently in the lead at Q-School, a tournament held at LPGA Headquarters in Daytona Beach in which players compete for a tour card. Think Billy Madison at the Waterbury Open. Wie will look to make her status official when the tournament concludes on December 7th.

10. OJ Simpson will be sentenced Friday Morning. Former NFL Star OJ Simpson will be sentenced Friday morning for incidents stemming from an incident in Las Vegas where he allegedly kidnapped and robbed at gunpoint. Simpson, infamous for the 1994 murder case, will most certainly be in jail for a long time- speculation ranges from 10-18 years. Fool us once…