After a brief fall tennis season Casey Simchik ’10 will now turn her focus to women’s squash. Many experts say that it’s not a good idea for a tennis player to play both tennis and squash as it can negatively impact your stroke between both seasons. Amazingly Simchik manages both with a seamless transition.

Since her freshman year Simchik has held down the front lines for the team playing in 50 consecutive matches in the one spot. Her freshman year Casey posted an impressive 10-13 record and followed that with a 10-17 season last year as a sophomore. Both of these records were amongst the best of the team.

Expect more of the same stellar play this year from Simchik as she is now an upperclassman and has seen considerable weight room training this fall.

Standing at 5’9, Simchik’s long reach makes her a very frustrating opponent to play against.

What really separates Simchik from the competition is her mental focus during tournament play. Many players struggle in tournaments with multiple games in one day but this is where Simchik thrives. Her teammates agree that she is in fact better under pressure. Regardless, Casey Simchik is a true athlete physically and mentally superior to that of the competition in so many ways.

Last year the squash team recorded an 11-16 record, one that they look forward to improving on this year as they are now comprised of mostly upperclassmen. Simchik along with Captains Liz Demakos ’09 and Andrea Giuliano ’09 will lead the 2008-2009 squad this coming Saturday November 22nd away against Northeastern University. The first time the squash team will be in action at home is for a round robin at Wesleyan the weekend of December 5th.