This weekend the Judy Dworin Performance Ensemble, a Hartford-based dance company, will present a multimedia piece made in collaboration with female inmates at a maximum security prison. During a year and a half long residency at York Women’s Prison in Niantic, Conn., Dworin and her ensemble worked with inmates to create a multimedia performance piece called Time-In. Incorporating dance, movement, text and song, the piece studies the way time passes for women at York. The women represented in the piece participated in dance and movement explorations with Dworin and her ensemble as well as in writing workshops with author Wally Lamb and Makenna Goodman ’07. The Women of The Cross gospel choir also took part in the residency and creation of the piece, and will perform along with the Judy Dworin Performance Ensemble. A question-and-answer session with Dworin, the ensemble, and selected former inmates will follow each performance, with special guest Wally Lamb, author of the #1 New York Times Bestseller “She’s Come Undone” on Friday night. In addition to the talk-back sessions, Dworin will speak about her residencies at York on Saturday at 5 p.m.

Time-In will be performed in the ’92 Theater this Thursday, Friday and Saturday night at 8 p.m. Tickets are on sale at the box office.