Dear Argus Staff,

Though I found your April Fools edition mildly amusing, I found myself horrified by two statements your staff included in their articles. The first falls smack on the front, stating: “The girls here make social statements out of refusing to get bikini waxes, so let’s not encourage them to wear thongs.” Though this remark is framed as a quote from Jolie-Pitt, it is included in the article with no supplement. Anyone’s choice to shave or not shave is hir own. How is body hair on a woman any more disgusting than body hair on a man? Why don’t all you men who so easily mock women for not shaving their bikinis try it out? I’m serious. I promise you’ll never do it again.

The second quote is not even meant as a joke. It is a blatant reflection of the transphobia and ignorance so commonly seen in The Argus. The article entitled “A Million Sperm” refers to “transgender women who identify as males.” So you are talking about those crazy trannys who may go around saying they are men, but oh wait, no, they are women. Just kidding. One’s identity is their gender. One’s sex is what? One chromosomal difference on one DNA strand? Plus or minus an SRY gene. And then plus or minus a DAX 1 gene. And then within that there is so much fluidity. But anyway the point is that gender and biology are not the same. Someone who is biologically female can very well be a man.

So if you’re going to pretend to present the opinions of the students, maybe you should at least pretend that they aren’t transphobic, ignorant, and sexist. And, yes, I know this was supposed to be a joke. But you weren’t joking about your anti-female and anti-trans remarks. I just read through your bullshit.

FUCK THIS STORY, it sucks balls bitch!!!!

• Jamal Edwards

i was just kidding, its pretty interesting…………………………………..
    ……………………………….
    ………………………………
    ……………..NOT!! ! haha you fucking cunt!!!

• ben dover

i know who shot tupac

• GET A BIKINI WAX!!!!!!!!

WOMEN SHOULD ALWAYS GET THEIR BIKINIS WAXED… But men should not, because they have to shave their face. But women should, if they dont, they are cunts.

• oriana korol ’09

Wow are we serious about these comments? In a world where calling me a cunt usually connotes hatred and violence and where in some places if I showed any hair I would also be treated with hatred and violence, I feel physically and mentally abused by these comments. I truly cannot believe that you would post these remarks, especially those of you who did not sign your names. Even the most sexist and violent hicks from my hometown are not cowards. If you feel like writing something so awful, you should at least claim it as your own so we can all judge you appropriately.

• Michael Yeates

Woman should get bikini waxes because men find it attractive. If you have a man who ‘likes’ a girl with body hair, hey good for you. Society frowns upon masculine women with hair, but they also frown upon men who are feminine…But if your woman likes a guy shaved…do it, and don’t tell your buddies. And i agree. No real man would call a woman by that name.

• Nat Johnson ’02

“I feel physically and mentally abused by these comments.” Classic!