Ah, WesFest. This legendary festival holds a special place in our minds and hearts, and it is upon us once again. There is, as always, a multitude of exciting events going on this weekend. A little dazed and confused when it comes to picking which to attend? Here’s our pick of WesFest activities, for everyone from sports fans to fashionistas to theatergoers.

• Pull for the Sox? Prefer the Yankees? Either way, stop by Exley Science Center Room ESC 150 from 2 to 3 p.m. on Friday to listen to Jed Hoyer ’96, Assistant General Manager of the Red Sox, speak about the career path from Wesleyan to professional sports. Find out how to make your dream job a reality with a Wesleyan education!

• Are you a traditionalist when it comes to theater? Second Stage, a student theater group, is performing an oldie, but goodie: Shakespeare’s “Hamlet,” directed by Chris Krovatin ’07. Performances will be at 8 p.m. on Thursday and Friday and at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Saturday in the Patricelli ’92 theater. Tickets are free, but must be picked up at the Wesleyan Box Office in the Davenport Campus Center on the day of the show.

Second Stage is composed entirely of students, including both the cast and the crew. This group was the first undergraduate-run theater company in the United States and is still considered a very important one. The majority of the actors, including the one portraying Hamlet, are freshmen.

“Shakespeare wrote about the things everyone can relate to, those universal [themes] that make us sympathize with our fellow man,” Krovatin said. “Hamlet’ is about the darkest parts of our minds. Through it, we see the deepest, darkest and sometimes most important parts of ourselves.”

• Looking for something a little more modern? Catch “The Deceased Woman,” written by Brazilian playwright Nelson Rodrigues and directed by Professor Claudia Tatinge Nascimento. It will be performed on Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. in the CFA Theater. Tickets are $5 for general admission, seniors and Wesleyan faculty and staff and $4 for Wesleyan students. The cast and crew are all students, though it is faculty-directed. This weekend marks the twenty-fifth anniversary of Rodrigues’ death, and Wesleyan’s production of “The Deceased Woman” will act as a memorial to a great playwright. Witty and charming, this play is a must-see!

• For the fashion-conscious, there is the Student of Color (SOC) Prefrosh Committee’s Fashion Show on Friday night at 9 p.m. in Mocon. Tickets are $4 at the Wesleyan Box Office in the Davenport Campus Center. Come check out some creative and stylish fashions designed and modeled by Wesleyan students.

• Want to laugh? Want to laugh a lot? Come check out Tissa Hami, one of the few female Muslim stand-up comics, Friday night from 9:30 to 11 p.m. in WestCo Cafe. Admission is free. Tissa uses her comedic skills not only to make you giggle, but also to bridge the divide and prevent future miscommunications and conflicts between Iranians and Americans.

• Looking to rock out? Then head over to the WestCo courtyard on Saturday, from 5 to 8 p.m. Mel Melton and the Wicked Mojos will be playing their innovative mix of traditional Creole zydeco, New Orleans jazz, funk, Cajun and blues. They will also be selling Mel’s famous gumbo (he is also a professional chef). Admission is free. Gumbo is $2 per bowl, $1 of which will be donated to Tipitina’s Foundation, a charity that is helping musicians and music students who have been affected by Hurricane Katrina. There will also be a table set up to collect donations.

“[Mel] feels very strongly about the work [the foundation] is doing, helping musicians and also school music programs with everything from housing to counseling to instruments,” said Sarah Elmaleh ’07, who helped organize the event. “They are a valuable resource in post-Katrina New Orleans.”

In case of rain, the concert will be held in the WestCo Cafe.

• Sit back and be entertained at Mabuhay, Wesleyan’s annual Asian/Asian-American talent show, Saturday from 8 to 10 p.m. in Crowell Concert Hall. Tickets are $5 for general admission and $4 for Wesleyan students, faculty, and staff. Proceeds will be donated to the Traverse Square tutoring program. Both undergraduate and graduate students went through two grueling rounds of auditions to be able to perform at Mabuhay. This variety show will consist of songs including raps, spoken word, traditional and contemporary dance, martial arts and instrumentals.

“It’s a show about Asian/Asian American culture and issues, and also a space for Asian/Asian American performers to showcase their talent and share their stories,” said Jennifer Kim ’06, who helped organize the event.