It has been a couple of weeks, but the club beat is back in full effect (well kind of). Because of water polo’s big win against Williams this weekend, which required its own article written by yours truly, they will be noticeably absent from this edition of the beat. But since you’re all dying to know what’s going on in the rest of the Wes club sports world, here’s some info on soccer, rugby and hockey. For the last few weeks, the club soccer team hasn’t seen too much action due to some unfortunate weather. However, this past week they took on the J.V. squad in order to tune up for their upcoming game on Saturday the 22 against UConn. That game will be played at 3pm here in Middletown. As for the J.V. scrimmage, both teams played pretty well. The club attack was led by Seth Warren ’06, who had a first half goal, and Gideon Unkeless ’06, who scored twice in the second half to ensure a 3-1 victory.

As for Rugby, they had their first win of the season the Saturday before fall break.

And finally, the club hockey season is just about under way. Headed by Josh Drian ’06 and Luke Basta ’06, we play our first game on Oct. 28 at Babson, with our home schedule kicking off the following week. Although we’ve lost some key contributors from last year’s squad, the possibility of cuts from a large varsity crop may result in an influx of additional skilled and talented players. The current schedule can be found below with a possibility of an additional game or two, so if you can make it down to the rink for any of these, we’d greatly appreciate it.

Same thing goes for all the club sports. Hopefully this column has and will continue to pique your interest in checking out what all our club sports have to offer. That was definitely my intention when starting the beat and hopefully, at the very least, you’ve all become a little more aware of the fact that our club athletes have been doing big things. Don’t forget to check out the recap of club water polo’s astounding come from behind win against Williams which can also be found in this very section. And thanks again for tuning into the Club Beat.

Men’s Club Hockey Schedule (2005-06)

Friday, Oct. 28 @ Babson
Saturday, Nov. 5, 6:00, Sacred Heart
Saturday, Nov. 12, 9:00 @ CCSU
Friday, Nov. 18, 9:30, University of Vermont
Saturday, Dec. 3, 9:30, Clark
Friday, Jan. 27 8:15 @ Fairfield
Saturday, Jan. 28 10:30 @ Yale
Friday, Feb. 3 3:45 @ Sacred Heart
Saturday, Feb. 11 7:30 @ Bridgewater State
Wednesday, Feb. 15, 7:00, Southern CT State
Friday, Feb. 24, 9:30, Yale
Sunday, Feb. 26 9:00 @ Clark
Friday, Mar. 3, 7:00, Dartmouth
Sunday, Mar. 5, 8:45, Union