– Power numbers will continue to be less outrageous with the ongoing steroid talks. League leaders will probably hit 40-something home runs. Everyone will wonder if Babe Ruth could have hit 1,000 career home runs had he stayed in shape and taken steroids.

– The Rocket will likely come back down to earth, probably not contending for his eighth Cy Young Award. Roger Clemens will pitch fairly well in what looks to be his last season in the major leagues. There’s always an outside chance that part of his $18 million contract will be paid by the Yankees if the Astros fall out of contention and Steinbrenner decides he needs to trade for another starter.

– The numbers of David Ortiz will begin to decline, as he is destined to become the next Mo Vaughn. Johnny Damon’s numbers will not approach the numbers that Jesus Christ would put up if he played baseball. Besides, Jesus would play for the Yankees.

– The Baltimore Orioles will have one of the scariest lineups in the majors, but their pitching will make mediocre opponent offenses look pretty scary too.

– Despite signing two of the best free agents on the market, the Mets will have a winning season and once again fail to make the playoffs.

– When he is intentionally walked, Barry Bonds will begin to use his bat as a cane en route to first base… because walking so much can get pretty tiring.

– If a Yankee pitcher pitches a perfect game, he will end up playing for the Red Sox in a few years… and sucking.

– Julio Franco will be in a Viagra commercial.

– Jose Canseco will get shot (but he won’t feel it).

– The Yankees will get their revenge on the Red Sox in the ALCS and win their first championship in five years. Tino Martinez will have several clutch playoff hits.