Women’s basketball:

Hannah Stubbs ’06 reached 1,000 points with her 12-point performance in Wesleyan’s Division III Sweet-16 loss to Springfield on March 11. Springfield ended the most spectacular season of all time for the Cardinals (22-5), pulling out a 62-56 victory. In the process, Stubbs became the first Cardinal woman ever to reach the 1,000-point mark in her junior year (1,005). A two-time all-NESCAC award winner, as well as this year’s Argus selection for best winter female athlete, Stubbs is the ninth player in Wesleyan history to reach 1,000 points.

Men’s swimming:

Ben Byers ’07 broke yet another Cardinal record at the NCAA Division III Championships in Michigan on March 19th, swimming the 1650 freestyle in 15:51.49. Byers, this year’s Argus selection for best male athlete, finished fifth in the event and came back to campus with All-America honors.

Women’s indoor track and field:

Ellen Davis ’07 ran 5,000 meters in 17:35 on a slow track at Illinois Wesleyan University on March 12th, finishing eighth out of 3 competitors in the NCAA Division III Championship race and earning All-America honors. Davis stepped up on the stretch of the indoor track season, setting a Wesleyan record with a 17:12 time in a 5,000-meter race, tops in Division III this year.