The Social Committee is looking for ways to regulate underage drinking at Spring Fling. If you have reasonable suggestions for ways to minimize school liability while still maintaining the cathartic exuberance of Spring Fling, email us at wsa@wesleyan.edu – The WSA website

Last week, the Ampersand held a competition to see who could come up with the best solution to the dear old WSA’s problem (weren’t paying attention, were you?). The following are our four finalists. Please send your votes to kbrown02@wesleyan.edu, cc: wsa@wesleyan.edu.

SURREALIST

Because surrealism works! The University can pass it off as artistic expression, and everyone is happy.

DIPLOMATIC

When all else fails, just redraw diplomatic boundaries. There are many European nations with liberal drinking laws that would be more than happy to establish a temporary consulate in the middle of Foss Hill. Even Canada would do in a pinch.

DON’T ASK, DON’T TELL

What Public Safety doesn’t know can’t hurt them. Orange juice is always pure, Sam Adams has started making root beer, and oregano is the new tobacco. Right?

ARM BANDS

A good old fashioned approach. The Germans have always been big beer drinkers, and we all now how much they love arm bands. This seems the be the current leader over at the WSA. Remember to vote!