We’re back, Argus readers! It’s Brighten and Jessica, your Horoscope Hotties, coming to you with our second installment of Written in the Stars. We hope this semester has started off well for all of you, and that you’re enjoying the cooler fall weather and the changing autumnal color palette. We’ve received some encouraging feedback and responses from our first bi-weekly section and would love to hear more stories from you guys. How’d our predictions pan out? Let us know. Complaints, inaccuracies, and hexes can be lodged against us via seance (half-moons only, 11:45 to 11:48 p.m.). Compliments can be directed to our Wes emails ;)

Libra (September 23 – October 22)

Ruling planet Venus is stirring up trouble for you, Libra! Despite it being the height of your season (happy birthday!), a connection between easygoing Venus and aggressive Mars on the 3rd will send confusing and conflicting vibes your way. To make matters worse, Venus and Saturn will oppose each other on the 8th, sending negative and restricting energies. If you feel pretty out of it this month, just know that it will pass soon!

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)

Love is in the air, Scorpio! Both of your ruling planets, Pluto and Mars, make good connections with romantic Venus on Oct. 3 and 5, respectively. Jupiter also enters your sign on the 10th, ushering in new opportunities in all parts of your life. So, if you’ve been getting pretty close to your crush recently, now’s the time to make a move!

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)

After a wild end to September, the stars are giving you a break! Let the new moon on the 5th be a day of renewal. Spend time taking care of yourself to recharge. On the 10th, ruling planet Jupiter makes an easy transition from Libra to water sign Scorpio, encouraging growth and change. Now that the stars are turning toward your favor, start focusing on yourself!

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)

This month will be a good time to prioritize and refocus. While your ruling planet Saturn will be causing trouble on the 8th and 11th this month, it will provide a good opportunity to reflect on what matters. Saturn will oppose Venus first, then Mars, giving you a window to focus on close friends, and finally cut out negative influences in your life.

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)

This is going to be quite the dramatic month for you, Aquarius! While the full moon on the 5th will be a great time to have a deep convo with a friend, Saturn will soon oppose Venus and Mars (on the 8th and 11th, respectively), disrupting communication. Keeping a level head won’t be hard for you, but be prepared for war-like Mars to start drama and arguments in your friend group.

Pisces (February 19 – March 20)

These next two weeks will be a good time to start something new! The full moon on Oct. 5 will bring the burst of energy and security you need to begin new creative projects or try something out of your comfort zone. The beginning of this month will feel like a breath of fresh air, as your co-ruling planet Jupiter enters fellow water sign Scorpio, bringing in calm vibes and a sense of renewal.

Aries (March 21 – April 19)

Feeling hot, Aries? The Sun is making flirty connections with Venus this week, getting your romantic and sexual appetites to simmer. On the 5th, the Sun will pass Libra, and your public persona will shine for the rest of the month. Make sure to make the most of this peppy period—update your online profiles and make some professional connections. You’ve got a great game face.

Taurus (April 20 – May 21)

The Libra moon on Oct. 9 is the perfect moment to turn over a new leaf, Taurus. This celestial shift sets off a six-month cycle that will facilitate new fulfilling relationships. Knowledge seeking Jupiter enters your inquisitive eighth house on Thursday, which could also spark a new academic curiosity. Pay extra attention to your lectures this week—you never know what you could learn.

Gemini (May 22 – June 20)

Trust your gut this week, Gemini. Generosity is great, but don’t let people take you for granted. You might be craving privacy during this waning moon period, so take some time to think about what makes you tick and what you want to incorporate more of in your weekly routine. The sun also crosses with Jupiter on the 11th, sending a sparkle of good luck your way…

Cancer (June 21 – July 22)

Jupiter crosses with Libra on the 9th, opening up the realm of global expansion and worldly inquisitiveness. An international or long-distance connection could appear, and after a pretty nomadic year, you might be tempted to put down roots and more deeply explore this new opportunity. Whether professional or romantic, your piqued interest might really stick. Could you still be enticed by your fall muse in 2018?

Leo (July 23 – August 22)

If you’ve got something to say, Leo, say it now! The sun is in Libra and your third house, which rules communication, and the planet is stimulating your curiosity and driving your urge to connect. Making new friendships has always come easily to you, and during this social season, you might be pleasantly surprised to meet new people who share your enjoyment of humor and levity. Ride your high, this month, Leo! Fall looks good on you.

Virgo (August 23 – September 22)

Get your head in the game this month, Virgo! The full moon on the 5th of October is a friendly reminder that you are full of potential! Use this moment of transition to focus back on work. On the 12th, your ruling planet Mercury aligns with Saturn, encouraging productivity and stability. If you’ve been slacking off, this is your celestial reminder to get back on it! It will pay off, we promise!

Jessica Mason can be reached at jsmason@wesleyan.edu. 

Brighten Kaufman can be reached at bskaufman@wesleyan.edu.