This past week, Michelle Myers-Brown, Director of the Usdan University Center, announced that Joanne Rafferty will be taking up the position of Director of Student Activities and Leadership Development/New Student Orientation. Some background on Joanne, as well as some additional updates, from Michelle’s e-mail: Joanne has been with Wesleyan since 2007 in the role of Associate Director of Operations in the Usdan Administration Department. She brings a great deal of experience to the table from her work with the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) of Connecticut through experiences in event planning, student activities, orientation and leadership development! I am as excited for Joanne to begin her new role in SALD as is she! Joanne will begin her new role on November 1st. Joanne and I will be working together to jump right into the search for the SALD Assistant Director search as well. In the interim, please continue to contact me for anything related to the responsibilities of this position. Students played a key role in the selection process, and their feedback was heavily factored into the final decision. Leadership from various areas of campus sat for lunch interviews with four candidates. The student and SALD representatives at these interviews included: Kayla Schlenz Taylar Clark Nikolas Ortega Yael Horowitz Grace Wong Lizzie Shackney Hailey Broughton-Jones Gili Lipman Kelly D’oleo Aleyda Robles Victoria King Tova Weisel If you have any questions about the student role in the SALD director search committee, please feel free to reach out to me (eshackney@wesleyan.edu) or any of the other student representatives.