To the Students of the WSA, and the editors of the Argus:
We write to you as a group of former Argus editors in chief, who support the Black Lives Matter movement. Like another group of former editors who have written to you, we also support continued funding for the paper and celebrate the blessings of a free press.
We recognize, however, that the op/ed appearing in the Argus caused pain, grief, and anger to many people on campus.
It’s our belief that addressing the difficult issues of racism and intersectionality, and giving voice to the many struggles of its readers, ought to be among the proper functions of a campus newspaper. For some of us, it was working at the Argus itself, in fact, that helped us learn the value of how the written word can be a catalyst for social change.
Among our cohort are people who have dedicated their lives to protesting injustice in its many forms. We would hate for future Wesleyan students to be denied the chance to learn the power of good, strong and free reporting, research, and storytelling. It was this gift, acquired during many long nights at the Argus, that changed our lives, and inspired us to try to create a better world through writing.
We urge the WSA to continue funding the Argus so that this good work may continue.

Sincerely
Jennifer Finney Boylan
Anna Quindlen Writer in Residence at Barnard College of Columbia University
New York Times Contributing Opinion Writer
National Co-Chair, Board of Directors, GLAAD
Wesleyan Argus Editor-in-Chief, Spring 1980

As joined by:
Tim Redmond, Argus Editor in Chief, 1979
Laura Fraser and Ken Edelstein, Argus Editors in chief, 1980-81

Boylan is a member of the Class of 1980.

• Melonlo

Open ed caused pain grief and anger? Yeah welcome to the real world.

• interested reader

It is precisely because blacks live in the real world that they experience pain, grief, and anger on a daily basis from views like those expressed in the poorly written op/ed and uninformed perspectives like yours. Open your mind and your heart. By trying to understand each other, we have a chance to make this world a better place for us all.

• RAA

The article was not “poorly written,” – by what authority do you even justify this statement? The statements made were true, that makes them what people in reality call “facts.” Just because you don’t like that someone called out a pointless movement, does not mean you can generalize how you do… isn’t that what the movement feigns to be fighting in the first place? Stop being so weak and “woe is me.” The movement is simple placation by elites, and if any change does occur it will not be because of picketing and cheering on the death of law enforcement, that only breeds hate and causes more mistreatment.

If we don’t believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don’t believe in it at all. – Noam Chomsky

If you want to educate yourself, read some Chomsky. That will open your mind and eyes.

• interested reader

It is precisely because blacks live in the real world that they experience pain, grief, and anger on a daily basis from views like those expressed in the poorly written op ed and uninformed perspectives like yours. Open your mind and your heart. By trying to understand each other, we have a chance to make this world a better place for us all.

• 只需十元钱:

益群网,最嚣张逆向直销网赚,只需投入十元钱,获得:

①无限资源:40000G资源一键转存到你360网盘。

②逆向网赚:五五倍增,自动下滑,十级下线,终生收钱。

③静态分红:根据下线个数给予签到奖励,最高每天百元。

注册网址:

http://www.cao.eeequn.com/

——————————————-

我每日群发数万,做我下线,什么不干,坐等收钱,怎么实现:

每人限定五个一级下线,多推荐的自动下滑到一级下线名下

从而成为推荐者的二级下线,以此类推,直到十级

不论这个下线是谁直接推荐的,你都有提成

你直接推荐的每个你提成5元,非直接推荐的每个你提成0.5元

总之,多干多赚,什么都不干也照样赚

• OH,GOOD BLOG.

• 提前祝您新年快乐。
    乙未年(羊)冬月廿一 2015-12-31

• wo

Happy New Year.

• 看看!

• 只需10元钱,4万G资源一键转存到你的360网盘

囊括:

网赚项目、名师讲座、设计素材、致富技术

网络教程、文档资料、公开课,小说下载等等

http://www.cao.eeequn.com/

乙未年(羊)冬月廿六 2016-1-5

• 【益群网:逆向网赚,坐等收钱】

【系统优势:】
    优势1:静态分红,每日签到就有钱,每日最高一百元
    优势2:十级提成,逆向网赚,什么不干,照样有钱赚
    优势3:百万资源,永久更新,可一键转存到自己网盘

【自动下滑:】
    每人限定5个一级下线,多推荐的自动下滑到一级下线名下
    从而成为推荐者的二级下线。以此类推,直至十级。
    无论这个下线是谁推荐的,你都有钱。
    你直接推荐的每个你提成5元,上线或下线推荐的每个你提成0.5元
    总之,多干多赚,什么都不干,照样有钱赚。

免费注册网址:

http://www.842343.eeequn.com/

• 完全免费,十万站长,互刷排名

http://www.loveuv.com/l/NDGBXQ

注册即送5000流量。

• 到此一游!

• Dan Craig

I agree black lives matter. The other day I was watching the news, and a black lady had poured gasoline on her 3 year old girl and set her child on fire. But not one person in the black community complained and protested or raised a voice in anger. Where are the voices of anger for that 3 year old child???? Its all just disheartening to me it has to be all equal. You can’t go complain about one thing and not the other.