In their first team-scoring meet this season, the Cardinals competed at the New England Division III Championships last weekend, with the women coming in 10th out of 28 scoring teams and the men tying for 19th out of 25.

The men’s team scored seven points while the host school, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), took first place at the meet. The Cardinals’ top-eight point-scorers were Agbon Edomwonyi ’16, with four points from his fifth-place shot put of 48 feet 2 1/4 inches, and the distance medley relay team consisting of Will Dudek ’17, Luca Ameri ’15, Sam Roth ’14, and Evan Bieder ’15, scoring three points with its sixth-place performance and finishing with a time of 10:37.33.

The Wes women headed to Springfield College where they finished in 10th place overall with 24 points, just behind Colby’s 24.5. The Williams women took home first place.

For four points, Ellie Martin ’16 closed in fifth place in the 400-meter race with a time of 59.65 seconds. In the 800m, Sydney Cogswell ’16 also came in fifth place, winning four points and finishing in 2:21.90. The distance medley relay team, made up of the four members of the record-breaking 400-meter team (Martin, Cogswell, Kimora Brock ’15, and Aidan Bardos ’17) as well as Libby Lazare ’14 and Melissa Luning ’15, earned Wesleyan six points by coming in third place with a finishing time of 12:55.39, just under the Williams and Wheaton teams.

Captain Sierra Livious ’14 earned 10 of Wesleyan’s 24 points, scoring 5 points in both the shot put and the weight throw. Her shot put flew 42 feet 9 1/2 inches, just 2 inches shy of the school record that she set earlier in the season, for fourth place. Livious’ weight throw performance went 51 feet 5 3/4 inches, securing another fourth place finish for the veteran.

“The meet itself went pretty well, especially because it was a team meet,” Livious said. “The coaches emphasize that…this was the meet we’ve been training for…. A lot of it was me thinking, ‘O.K., I need to get points,’ but also, obviously I wanted to do my best. That’s the part that really felt good. My throwing could have, honestly, been much better. But the one thing that I love about throws is that it kind of only takes one.”

The upcoming meet for track and field is the New England Open hosted by Boston University, starting Friday, Feb. 28.

Livious reflected on what will most likely be her last indoor season.

“I won’t be here for ECACs [Eastern College Athletic Conference, which is the week after the Open New England Meet], so I definitely have one more meet indoors,” Livious said. “Because it’s my senior year, and it’s most likely my last indoor meet ever, I’m hoping to just give it all I’ve got, not holding back and seeing how that goes. I think I’m one of the only people going [this weekend], for the women anyways. So hopefully I can garner some points for my team as a representative. And if anybody comes along, we can garner some points together.”

As captain, Livious thought back on her 2013-2014 season and her team with fondness.

“[Being captain has been] a lot more lax than I thought it [would be],” Livious said. “Because of how cool my teammates are, it’s a lot better and they make it a lot easier on me. It’s a lot having to do with balancing that and being friends and also being the captain. Like putting on [events], making sure we all bond as a team.… I think that’s one of my main things as a captain. I just want to make sure everything’s alright. Because we have amazing talent this year, we have amazing talent. So I want to make sure that nothing else gets in the way of that.”

Although her indoor season will be ending after next weekend, Livious continues to look ahead with enthusiasm.

“I definitely feel that we are taking a lot of things very seriously, as far as our training,” Livious said. “The communication with the coaches [has been important,] making sure that we’re always at practice…. Our main, main goal is NESCACs [at the end of the outdoor season]. That’s our main thing. So we want to make sure that we keep that consistently going, even through spring break into outdoor season.”