Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and most of us are already wondering how to celebrate the holiday. Whether you spend it with friends or a significant other, it’s a good excuse to dine out and enjoy the delicious specials that Middletown has to offer.

Here’s a look at what the restaurants of Middletown are doing for this year’s day of love.

Dinner

Forbidden City Bistro:

For Valentine’s Day dinner, Forbidden City will be offering specials including Nyonya seafood bouillabaisse and pan-roasted guinea hen, in addition to the 20 newly-added vegan and vegetarian dishes on their menu.

It’s Only Natural Restaurant (ION):
ION will be featuring various specials on the 14th, including roast beet hummus for two, carrot bisque with ginger cream, and pistachio-crusted tofu with a tart cherry chutney and roast potatoes and green beans. A dessert plate for two will also be available.

Mezzo Grille:
From Friday through Sunday, Mezzo Grille will have a special menu including smoked salmon mousse and heart-shaped ravioli for appetizers, surf and turf and oysters Rockefeller pasta for entrees, and Bailey’s Irish Cream cheesecake and crème brûlée with fresh berries for dessert.

New England Emporium and Marketplace:

The Emporium’s V-Day specials will be New York strip steak (grilled to order) with garlic mashed potatoes and sautéed broccoli and cedar plank salmon with rice pilaf and grilled asparagus. Desserts include a sweet blintz filled with zabaione and a mixed berry medley with fresh whipped cream and powdered sugar.

Tavern at the Armory:
The Inn at Middletown’s restaurant will be serving a $49.95 prix fixe meal. Appetizers include chilled seared duck breast, oysters Rockefeller, and butternut squash and anjou pear bisque. Among the main courses are surf and turf, char-grilled filet mignon, sautéed shrimp macadamia, and pan seared filet of king salmon. For dessert, their offerings include chocolate cake, triple berry apple tart, and New York cheesecake.

Tuscany Grill:
Tuscany Grill will be featuring specials such as mustard-encrusted rack of lamb, grilled rib eye with lobster mashed potatoes, and baked stuffed shrimp.
Whey Station:
Wesleyan’s favorite grilled cheese truck will offer the “Lonely Heart”: melted Brie with braised short ribs and caramelized onions.

Sweets and Treats

Fusion Bakery and Patisserie:
At Fusion Bakery, you can look for heart-shaped cakes, cookie bouquets, raspberry buttercream cupcakes with white chocolate shavings, red velvet cakes and cupcakes, and assorted Valentine’s Day cookies all week.
NoRA Cupcake Company:
Valentine’s Day is one of NoRA Cupcake Company’s favorite holidays, and this year they will be celebrating with 12 special cupcakes, including options like “The Gold Club,” strawberry coconut cake, strawberry whiskey, and white chocolate ganache with strawberry coconut buttercream and gold glitter; “Sexual Chocolate,” fudge-bottomed chocolate cake with chocolate swirled cheesecake and chocolate hazelnut whipped cream; and “Box of Chocolate,” caramel cake, white chocolate ganache, and a dark chocolate cap rolled in assorted nuts with more chocolate drizzle.

Tschudin Chocolate:

All week, Tschudin will be featuring Valentine’s Day goodies like chocolate-covered strawberries, heart-shaped mini cakes, heart-shaped chocolate boxes, three-foot-long chocolate cupid’s arrows, heart-shaped raspberry truffles, rose petal spiced mousse, heart sculptures, chocolate keys (to your heart, of course), and chocolate roses.

If any of these specials sound good to you, be sure to enter your name in WesStuffed’s Valentine’s Day Raffle! Over 10 gift certificates to Middletown restaurants will be given out to several lucky winners! Tickets are only $1 and will be sold during Usdan lunch and from 9-11 p.m. at Espwesso.

Read more at wesstuffed.com.