On Saturday, Feb. 4, the Wesleyan wrestlers welcomed three foes to campus for a home quad-meet. The Cardinals were less than hospitable hosts to all of their guests and clinched three convincing and comfortable victories. The action commenced with the Cardinals squaring off against Little Three Rival Williams. Wes set the tone for the day with a merciless 34-10 drubbing of the Ephs. The second tilt of the day pitted Wes against Plymouth State, with Wes cruising to a 21-10 decision. The final matchup of the day was against Oneonta State. Showing no fatigue, the Cardinals punctuated the quad-meet with another impressive win and overpowered Oneonta in a 35-10 victory.

Wesleyan won seven of ten bouts against all three opponents, with Kyle Roosa ’13 leading the charge at 3-0. Roosa secured a 10-4 decision, a major decision, and a pin, against his Williams, Plymouth State and Oneonta State 174-pound counterparts, respectively. Roosa stands at 11-5 in dual matches on the season. Joey Schwartz ’14 went 2-0 on the day and holds a dominant 8-1 dual record on the year. Reigning NEWA wrestler of the week Jefferson Ajayi ’13 took two decisions and won a third tilt via forfeit to up his record in duals to 13-3 on the season. The Cardinals now stand at 10-6 in dual matches on the season with one dual remaining in the regular season, a home match against SUNY-Oswego on Saturday, February 11th at 1 PM.