It’s that time of the year: the autumn season brings colorful leaves, sweaters, apple cider, and thesis productions. This weekend, six senior dancers will present their theses: Sarah Ashkin, Khalif Diouf,  Greta Hartenstein, Devon Hopkins, Allison Hurd, and Sophie Sotsky, all ’11.

Of these pieces, only the latter three are set in the Patricelli ’92 Theater. For the rest of the performances, the audience members will be led on a nighttime tour around campus for site-specific pieces. (In case of rain, these pieces will be shown on Sunday evening.)

Hopkins’ piece, performed in the Usdan Huss Courtyard, explores the role social networking site Facebook plays in our lives, and the ways it brings people from different walks of life and geographic locations together.

Cat Lum ’12, who performed in the dance, explained the concept.

“Our actions all had to do with actions that we would do on Facebook, such as writing on someone’s wall, posting video, writing a message, poking someone,” she said. “And we created a duet with people all based around those actions and how Facebook brings people together. At the end we did a series of short movements put together that were more literal acting out of FB actions…We had video projections behind us showing a Facebook that we could interact with throughout the piece.”

Performances cost $4 for students with a WesID and begin at 6 p.m. in the Patricelli ’92 Theater.