Amherst women’s golf defended its Vassar Invitational title on Sunday, shooting a 325 on the final day to win the event by six strokes. Amherst had been in fourth place after one day of action, trailing host Vassar by nine strokes, but posted the lowest round of any team on Sunday to finish ahead of second-place Williams. Vassar marked the Lord Jeffs’ third tournament title of the season, as Amherst also took titles at Middlebury and Williams in October.

Bates freshman Jesse Chapman was named NESCAC Men’s Field Performer of the Week on Monday. Chapman took first in the Tufts Last Second Decathlon over the weekend with a final score of 6,586 points. His performance qualified him for the upcoming NESCAC Championships in seven different events.

Bowdoin junior third baseman Brett Gorman was named NESCAC Baseball Player of the Week after going 10-for-17 with a 1.414 OPS during a 4-1 week for the Polar Bears. Gorman went 8-for-10 and scored seven runs in a three-game sweep at Middlebury and finished the week with two doubles, five walks, and two stolen bases as the Polar Bears improved to 19-5.

Colby freshman men’s lacrosse midfielder Derrik Flahive tallied six goals and two assists as the White Mules split a pair of games least week. Flahive had the final two tallies in a 6-4 victory against Wesleyan on Saturday, breaking a 4-4 tie with 3:28 remaining in the game. The Mules improved to 7-4 in a 13-7 win at the University of Southern Maine on Wednesday, with senior Whit McCarthy netting his 100th career goal.

Conn. College men’s lacrosse improved to 11-0 on the season with wins at Bates and the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy. The eighth-ranked Camels never trailed in a 13-8 win in Maine on Saturday, with the final score equaling the Camels’ largest lead of the game. Against Merchant Marine, the Camels scored five of the first six goals and led by as many as seven in the victory.

Hamilton women’s lacrosse, ranked third nationally in Division III, extended its home winning streak to 31 games with a 15-3 win over Ithaca College on Wednesday. Senior Audrey Nebergall led the Continentals with four goals, and four players had two goals each as Hamilton improved to 11-0.

Middlebury senior attacker Dana Heritage was named Women’s Lacrosse Player of the Week after a nine-point week. Heritage scored four goals on seven shots and assisted on five others in an 18-7 win at Bowdoin on Saturday and also controlled three draws in the game. Heritage ranks sixth in the conference with a 3.50 points-per-game average and helped the Panthers remain in a fifth-place tie with Amherst in the conference standings at 3-2.

Trinity field hockey coach Anne Parmenter was recently published in The Washington Post. Parmenter’s article, which included reflections on climbing Mount Everest, was published on the “Guest Insights” blog on the Post’s website on April 12. Parmenter recently concluded her ninth season as head coach of the Bantams and also served as head coach at Conn. College for 14 seasons; she holds a 171-157-4 career record in 23 seasons, including a 16-3 showing in 2009.

Tufts had three student-athletes receive NESCAC weekly honors. On the diamond, senior shortstop Casey Sullivan was named NESCAC Softball Player of the Week after batting .500 with four home runs, two doubles, and nine RBI in a 5-1 week for the Jumbos, including a three-game sweep at NESCAC East rival Bates. Also, junior Ed Bernstein was named Baseball Pitcher of the Week after holding opposing batters to a .111 average in 2.2 innings of work, which included a win and a hold. Sophomore men’s lacrosse goalkeeper Steven Foglietta was the third Jumbo to be honored after posting a 3.41 goals-against average and .778 save percentage, including 11 saves in a 9-5 victory against Trinity, in a 2-0 week for the Jumbos.

Williams sophomore Anthony Raduazo and senior Elise Johnson were named NESCAC Men’s and Women’s Track Performers of the Week, respectively. Raduazo posted the best time in the 3,000-meter steeplechase (9:24.65) at the UMass Spring Open over the weekend, while Johnson took first in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 14.22 seconds in the same event.