The men’s and women’s crew teams headed to Malden, Mass., on Saturday for a six-team event. The Cardinal men, ranked fourth in New England, improved to 10-1 on the season with a trio of wins, while the Cardinal women had a 1-2 showing on the day and now stand 6-7 on the season.

The Wesleyan men competed against Tufts, the University of New Hampshire, and Hamilton on the 2,000-meter Malden River course, which has only two racing lanes (thus necessitating three separate races). The men’s varsity eight boat of Sam Hoefle ’13, Parker Cook ’10, Elliott Skopin ’11, Terrence Word ’11, Bryce Hollingsworth ’13, Spencer Hattendorf ’12, Gilder Keeler ’11, Trevor Michelson ’13, and coxswain Rosemary Ostfeld ’10 blew away Tufts in its first race of the day, clocking in 6:19.5 to the Jumbos’ 6:45.1 showing, and then edged New Hampshire by 0.4 seconds with a time of 6:11.4. The Cardinals finished the day with another decisive victory over Hamilton, as the Cardinals’ 6:16.9 time was nearly 25 seconds faster than the Continentals (6:41.3). Wesleyan’s second varsity heavyweight boat was defeated by New Hampshire and Bates but rowed past Hamilton with ease, coming in 11.5 seconds ahead of the Continentals. The Cardinals’ third varsity heavyweight boat raced New Hampshire and clocked in 6:51.9, well ahead of the Wildcats (6:56.2).

The women’s varsity eight boat of Becca Schofield ’11, Emilie Kimball ’11, Catie Steidl ’11, Greer Dent ’12, Julia Mulhern ’12, Haley Sacks ’13, Christina Ermilio ’13, Claire Tradewell ’11, and Sami Pop ’11 edged Wellesley in its first race of the day, covering the course in 7:04.4 to the Blue’s 7:07.5. The Cardinals did not fare as well in their races against Bates (Bates 7:06.3, Wesleyan 7:21.2) or Hamilton (Hamilton 7:08.7, Wesleyan 7:14.1). Wesleyan’s second varsity eight fell to Tufts, Wellesley, and Hamilton, and the novice eight fell to Tufts and Hamilton but edged Wellesley by 0.3 seconds.

Both teams hit the water against Little Three rival Williams this Saturday in Pittsfield, Mass.

• Prudence

Great stuff, you helepd me out so much!