Having had one or two or ten too many, as was his wont, Ted Kennedy drove a woman to her death. Ted Kennedy, your hero. But the behavior of the Betas, who haven’t killed anyone, you deem “unacceptable” (Argus, March 24). Michael, your genial mask is slipping.

And while you were playing the role of schoolyard bully (and playing it very convincingly), your fellow progressive John Dingell, the longest-serving Dem in the House, was candidly recalling the challenge of passing Obamacare: “Let me remind you this (Americans allegedly dying because of lack of universal health care) has been going on for years. We are bringing it to a halt. The harsh fact of the matter is when you’re going to pass legislation that will cover 300 (million) American people in different ways it takes a long time to do the necessary administrative steps that have to be taken to put the legislation together to control the people.

Progressive Dingell belongs to that breed of public servants (that’s what they still dub themselves) who have stood this representative republic’s founding principle on its head: not government of the people, but government over the people. Power-grabbing government. It’s taken over GM and AIG and appointed a pay czar to promulgate the compensation of corporate execs in board rooms hither and yon. Then, having gotten a foot in the golden goose’s door, the power-grabbers head for the road to Hegemony.

Ah, Hegemony! The Scapegoater-in-Chief has already shown the way: get off the highway onto the low way, Divide-and-Conquer. Michael, pretend you’re a stranger on High; you ask the first student you see to direct you onto Divide-and-Conquer. “Oh, you mean Diversity!” you’ll be told.

That’s because the Marxists, who set the tone at Wes, have trained the students never to call a spade a spade. The Marxists are mass polluters, emitting more euphemisms than carbon dioxide.  They called themselves peaceniks—peaceniks always good for a rollicking root (Ho Ho!) for the red in tooth and claw. That was back in the Sixties. Now they call themselves environmentalists: if the scientific data won’t substantiate their case for global warming, their overheated rhetoric will. As for progressivism, progressives Obama, Reid, Pelosi, et al. have numbered its days as a euphemism for the ‘M’ word by moving too quickly and frightening the horses.

As for getting to Hegemony, it’s evident you’ve already opted to follow the lead of your other hero, the Scapegoater-in-Chief. Off with the heads of the scapegoatees and their barbers! I hear you, Michael, but just between us, would this be the most conducive time of year to be crucifying the Betas?

–Martin

• Brian J. Glenn ’91

I have no idea what this letter is supposed to be about.

• todd

I have no idea what it’s about either. Sounds like a Beta grandpa upset about the treatment of his brethren.

• ’09

I too am extremely confused. is he comparing obama to roth and then dumping his hatred of the passing of the health care reform onto roth? whatever he is doing, it is hilarious. I really appreciated this right now.

• Beta alum

As someone involved in the negotiations between Beta and the administration all I can say in response to this is, “WTF?!”

• Republican Senator

Martin- nice bumping in to you at the Minnesota airport:)

• Braille

LMAOgasm

• ’11

shades of the unibomber

• ’11

*unabomber

• you rang?