Gold ranked as the Cardinals’ fourth-leading scorer in 2008-09, averaging 7.1 points per game, while pulling down 4.3 rebounds a game to rank fourth in that category. She leads the Cardinals’ eight returning letterwinners in both categories. Gold played in all 23 games last season, starting 22, as Wesleyan went 12-11 for its ninth straight winning season.

Gold pulled down a game-high eight rebounds and poured in eight points in the team’s 2008-09 season opener against Rhode Island College, setting the tone for a strong season. She had a season-high 19 points in a 71-46 win at St. Joseph’s College of Long Island and added 14 in a 67-63 win at Middlebury, the team’s first conference win of the season. She also contributed eight points and eight rebounds in an 86-45 home victory over Williams, Wesleyan’s third straight over the Ephs and the largest Cardinal victory in the 37-year history of the rivalry.

Gold connected on 18 of her 56 three-point attempts last season, the best percentage on the team (.302) among players with at least 15 attempts. She also shot 77.8 percent from the free-throw line, sinking 49 of her 63 attempts from the charity stripe, the second-best mark on the team.

Gold and the Cardinals begin their quest for a tenth straight winning campaign this Friday as they take on Babson College in the Stevens Institute Tournament.