I think we can all agree that Thanksgiving is far and away the best of all the holidays. What other occasion is so totally and singularly devoted to eating food? And, let’s be real here, what is more tasty and delicious than stuffing and turkey and mashed potatoes and pie? Unless you’re cooking for a crowd, there’s nothing to stress or worry about doing. For me at least, Thanksgiving is all about kicking it with friends and family and eating until you can’t move. It’s about being home. In a few short weeks, I’ll be traveling to the greatest city in the world, Austin, TX, where the forecast for tomorrow is 77˚ and sunny. I’ve already started planning a weeklong binge of Mexican food, BBQ, and turkey sandwiches.

Everyone has songs that remind them of home. Similarly, countless songs have been written about going home/missing home/being home/leaving home. Across all genres, artists have written about their own hometowns. My personal favorite of these, the song that conjures up the strongest memories of home is “On My Block,” by Scarface off his seventh solo album, The Fix. As an original member of the Geto Boys, Scarface helped bring Texas rap to the world. This song is about the 5th ward of Houston, but, for me, it’s about the west side of Austin Texas.

[youtube src=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRkqicKStDQ]