In its final regular-season action, the women’s swimming team sent off its six seniors with a 162-137 win over Coast Guard. Wesleyan finished the season with a 10-5 overall record and has the upcoming weekend off before the NESCAC Championships.

Jeanine Zaltsman ’11 led Wesleyan with two wins in the 50- and 100-yard freestyle events and also anchored the 200-yard medley relay and 400-yard freestyle relay, both of which finished first. Julia Fram ’12 also scored first-place points for the homestanding Cardinals in the 200-yard butterfly (with teammate Carly Bollinger ’09 right behind her) and also had a second-finish in the 500-yard freestyle. Bollinger clocked in at 2:17.04 in the 200-yard individual medley, with Amelia Lupinetti ’11 and Fram placing second and third.

Wesleyan also had a strong showing in the diving events, as Naima Ford ’11 earned scores of 149.60 in the one-meter and 225.00 in the three-meter to take home first place in both events.

The win improved Wesleyan’s record to 8-0 in the annual season-ending meet against the Bears. Coast Guard’s lone win against Wesleyan came in the 2001-02 season, when the contest was the Cardinals’ penultimate meet of the season.

Wesleyan’s next action comes in the NESCAC Championships, hosted by Bowdoin, from Feb. 20-22. Bowdoin last hosted the Championships in the 2005-06 season, when Wesleyan finished ninth of 11 teams. The Cardinals will be looking to build on their sixth-place finish from 2007-08, a performance in which four team records fell.