3: Finish of the men’s crew team (out of 16 boats) in the Head of the Housatonic Regatta on Saturday.
40-3: All-time record of the volleyball team against Trinity when it wins the first set of the match.
3: Times this season a Wesleyan volleyball player has been named NESCAC Player of the Week (out of six weeks).
46.7: Average yards of Chris Helsel’s ’09 three punts against Bates on Saturday; Helsel was named NESCAC Special Teams Player of the Week.

Did you Know…?
The football team’s resounding 35-8 victory over Bates on Saturday moved the team to 23-4 all-time against the Bobcats—the highest win total of any Wesleyan sport against the Bobcats and the football team’s highest against any NESCAC opponent. (21 of the Cardinals’ 29 varsity sports have competed against Bates.) In addition, Wesleyan’s .578 cumulative winning percentage against the Bobcats (in all sports) is its second highest against any NESCAC opponent, bested only by its .606 mark against Connecticut College.
Since NESCAC-only play began in 1992, the football team is 15-2 against Bates—an .882 winning percentage, the team’s highest against any of the nine NESCAC opponents during that time period. 1992 also marked the inaugural season as head coach for Frank Hauser ’79, who had served as an assistant since 1986. Hauser’s .882 winning percentage against the Maine school is the highest of any current Wesleyan coach with at least five contests against the Bobcats. Hauser is also one of only five active coaches (including Athletic Director and former wrestling coach John Biddiscombe) with a winning percentage of .800 or better against a NESCAC opponent in 10 or more meetings.

– The 27-point margin of victory is the Cardinals’ third largest all-time against Bates; Wesleyan won in Lewiston 49-6 in 1992 and 34-9 in 1988. The eight points are the fewest allowed by Wesleyan against the Bobcats since 1992.
– Some members of the team’s travel party felt that the team’s arrival at a church in Littleton, Mass. Friday afternoon following the buses’ accident en route represented divine intervention. While it is difficult to objectively measure the effect of spiritual factors on the team’s dominating performance, think about this: Wesleyan did not allow a point in its first three games against Bates but has not shut out the Bobcats since. The third and most recent shutout came in Lewiston on Oct. 11, 1980—exactly 28 years before Saturday’s game. At halftime, Wesleyan looked to be on pace for its first shutout since Oct. 28, 2006 (an 18-0 home victory over Bowdoin). What was the score? 28-0. The Cardinals eventually allowed a late touchdown along with a successful two-point conversion following a botched snap on the PAT attempt. That score made the final margin of victory for the visitors 27 points. What was the score of the game played exactly 28 years earlier? 27-0.