Several key posts in University administration have changed hands for the new school year, sources in North and South Colleges said Wednesday. Among the changes are a number of losses, some to other institutions, along with the introduction of a host of new faces.

In North College, Paula Liseo left her position as residential operations coordinator for a job at Clarkson University in upstate New York. Lilliana Carrasquillo, a newcomer to Wesleyan, will take over her responsibilities for the fall.

Allison Glasmann, area coordinator for the Office of Residential Life, left the University at the end of the summer to work for a study abroad company in Boston. Director of Residential Life Fran Koerting expressed her appreciation for Glasmann’s work.

“We will miss her,” Koerting said.

Koerting also said that the Office is still interviewing applicants for her replacement.

Elsewhere in North College, David Phillips again signed on to work as a dean of students, this time for the class of 2012. He returns to Wesleyan after spending a year at Chatham University in Pittsburgh.

Associate Director of Student Activities Nicole Chabot has accepted a promotion to assistant director, ceding the title of associate director to Elisa Del Valle, who is new to Wesleyan.

Vice President and Secretary of the University Peter Patton will leave South College to resume his old position in Exley Science Center, where he once taught classes as an Earth and Environmental Sciences professor. This year will mark his thirty-second at Wesleyan.

Vice President for Student Affairs Michael Whaley praised his departing colleague in an e-mail to the Argus.

“He was always very supportive of our work in Student Affairs and worked tirelessly on the Usdan Center project, among other things,” Whaley wrote. “He was also a key supporter of Wesleyan athletics, and was often in attendance at home contests.”

As for incoming administrators, Whaley said he was thrilled that Sonia Manjon has been named the new vice president for Diversity and Strategic Partnerships.

“She will be a great partner in our work to foster intercultural competence and improve the campus climate for all students, especially around diversity issues,” he wrote in an e-mail.

Roth cited his own experience with Manjon as a reason for such enthusiasm.

“I worked with Sonia at the California College of the Arts, and I know the campus community will benefit from her leadership and innovation,” he wrote in an email.

He then went on to describe her position as that of a mediator on campus, noting in particular her duties to the disenfranchised.

“She will work with Wesleyan’s leadership team to develop programs to attract, retain and inspire students, faculty and staff from groups currently under-represented on campus,” he wrote. “She will also be overseeing the offices of both Affirmative Action and Community Relations.”

Roth also commented on the Office of University Communications, a new department that combines the Office of Public Affairs with the old development communications staff. In addition to this change, he said, the University has transferred experts on digital media from Public Affairs to Information Technology Services.

“I conducted a review of our communications and public affairs strategies and organization as we began a new phase of strategic planning and fundraising efforts,” he wrote. “I believe that the reorganization will strengthen our communications efforts in support of Wesleyan’s educational mission and focus our resources in new digital and other media.”

• Hannah

Gee whiz, and I tohhugt this would be hard to find out.