The Stone twins, Adam ’05 and Todd ’05, presented their third and final annual comedy show to a packed Crowell this Sunday. While in past years the show was predominantly a mix of stand-up routines and Todd’s tender operatic singing, the duo branched out this year to slam-poetry, interpretive dance, and even bullfighting.

The twins entered to “Pomp and Circumstance,” dressed in Wesleyan’s flaming-red gowns, converging on center stage to shake hands as a female audience member shouted “I love you Todd!”

Todd opened the show by thanking several audience members, including President Doug Bennet and his wife “Midget.”

The hour and a half long show was a mix of sketches featuring both twins, individual stand-up routines, and songs aided by the flirtatious dancing of fly-girls Gabriel Ault-Riche ’08 and Rachel Firestone ’08. While the show’s material was mostly new to the Wesleyan crowd, Adam included one old favorite in his stand-up routine, a story about using the toilet in a hurry at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

“I wound up shitting on my balls,” he said. “I asked myself ‘Did this just happen?’ ‘Can it happen?’”

The twins also reused some material from a show they did at Caroline’s, a comedy club in New York City, last January.

Todd sang several songs throughout the show, including “Some Enchanted Evening,” and the Foxwoods jingle, “The Wonder of It All.”

“Todd’s singing is a mix between a nice cold glass of lemonade, warm milk, and a swift kick to the testicles,” said Micah DeLaurentis ’05. “No, I’m just kidding, it’s very soothing. It’s like a vocal Quaalude.”

Maureen Tosto, a campus dining worker who attended the show, said she thought Todd’s voice was “wonderful.”

“Adam had told me [Todd] could sing well, but I didn’t expect that,” Tosto said. “And their mom is so beautiful.”

Both of the Stones’ parents were in the audience, with their father videotaping the show.

“We owe Stone and Stone’s recorded legacy entirely to our dad because he always tapes our shows,” Todd said.

Adam also presented some original slam-poetry, a sketch idea that received rave reviews when he introduced it at the Punchline show last semester. The slam-poetry satire featured second-grade-level rhyme scheming of often nonsensical content, and still received many laughs.

“I like riding my bike, do you?” Adam said.

Virtually every move of the Stone twins was greeted with raucous laughter—from Todd laboriously taking his jacket off, to Adam frolicking across stage when he lost his place in his stand up routine.

Despite the overwhelmingly positive reactions of the audience, some attendees felt the Stones had lost their touch.

“They had the edge, but it wasn’t cutting,” said Ian McLeod ’07. “You’re trying to laugh but it won’t come.”

The brothers also performed several duet sketches, during which Todd often played the quieter, passive-aggressive twin, while Adam played the overconfident narcissistic twin.

“You can only piss on someone for so long before they start feeling the warmth of your urine,” Adam said.

Their various routines were punctuated by performances from the accompanying jazz trio, of Russell Daisy, a professional pianist who is also the twins’ musical director, Miles Turner ’08 on bass, and Ryan Weed ’06 on drums. The trio’s repertoire included a cover of “Got to Get You Into My Life,” in upbeat Marriot-lounge style.

When asked if she thought the Stone brothers have a future in comedy, Tosto replied “I really do, and so does everyone around here.”

According to Adam, Caroline’s has recently gotten in touch with the twins to request them for another show, which they likely will do.

Though Todd and Adam have separate career ambitions, they are going to continue with “Stone and Stone,” at least for the time being.

“This has become something that the two of us love to do,” Adam said. “If it takes off we’d love to pursue it.”

From its inception two years ago at a casual show in the MPR, Stone and Stone has come a long way.

“I almost feel that I identify sometimes with Stone and Stone,” Todd said. “It’s a completely Wesleyan creation, and now that we’re graduating we get to take this creation with us.”